The Museum has received a grant from the New Jersey Cultural Trust for new computers and the latest museum software. The $ 3860.00 will provide the museum with the best technology for recording and tracking the thousands of artifacts and farm related equipment.
The Museum property was once part of John Holcombe's "Plantation",
according to his will of 1742. In 1968, the Farmstead was donated to
the Hunterdon County Historical Society by Milo and Rachel Jumison who retained
life rights. With Milo Jimison's death, over 250 years of agricultural
activity on the site ended. In 1984, the property was deeded to the
Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead, Inc. Using a combination of grants from
small foundations, individual donations and a substantial gifts from the 1772 Foundation, the Museum's volunteers and Trustees have restored the property
and added outbuildings for the Post Office, General Store, Blacksmith Shop, Carriage Shed,
and Print Shop.
Hunterdon County was established in 1714 on land purchased from the Lenape Indians. Its rich and diverse agricultural history is reflected in the varied exhibits of the Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum.
Sundays 1:00-4:00 p.m. May through October
All Year Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Group and school tours can be arranged throughout the year by
calling (908) 788-5885
Children under 5 years old: Free
For visitors who wish to take pictures, there will be an additional charge of $10.00 plus the $5.00 admission fee. No tripods will be permitted.
Annual Memberships available at $25 for Families and Individuals.
Corporate Memberships, $150.